Buying Lakeland Shooting Centre Products Online
We want our customers to be 100% satisfied with their shopping experience with us online at lakelandshootingcentre.ie
Please read our policies before making a purchase with us to ensure that you have a clear understanding of (i) our refund policy, and (ii) whether you have a right to cancel your contract with us.
Under Irish law, you have the right to:
• Send the good back to us if it is faulty or in need of repair
• Cancel your contract with us and return the good to us, even if it is not faulty, as long as your purchase fulfils the criteria outlined below.
When you receive a delivery from us, or if you have used our click & collect service and are collecting your item(s) at our premises, please inspect the item(s) immediately to make sure you are completely satisfied that the item(s) match the description you were provided with and the item(s) are of acceptable quality.
Right to Cancel (Your right to cancel your contract with us)
This cancellation policy only applies to orders and goods received which have been bought online at lakelandshootingcentre.ie Please call our customer support team if you have any questions. They are waiting to help on 044 9323127
If you decide to cancel a purchase, we want your cancellations to be hassle-free. Should you wish to cancel your purchase subject to the terms laid out below, you have the right to do so, without giving any reason, before and up to 14 calendar days after you obtained physical possession of the goods. This is provided that the item(s) are in as sold condition, and in their original packaging. You must then send back the goods without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the purchase.”
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your purchase by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached MODEL-CANCELLATION-FORM but it is not obligatory.
You may also contact our customer support team on 044 9323127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will assist you with any queries you might have about your right of cancellation. This will help to speed up the cancellation process.
Special conditions apply to firearms please see the firearms purchasing section .
On returns, we can only credit the credit card used for the original purchase. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the refund credit to appear on your statement.
Terms applying to cancellation:
1. Where you decide to exercise your right of cancellation, you are responsible for costs incurred to return item(s) to us, except where the goods cannot be returned by post. If the goods cannot be returned by post, please contact us and we will arrange for the good to be collected. We will issue you a full refund of the purchase price (and of our standard delivery charge in sending you the goods) on receipt of the returned goods, with original packaging. If you have diminished the value of the good by handling it or testing it beyond what is necessary to check its nature, characteristics and functioning, we reserve the right not to refund you the entire amount.
2. Should any item(s) not be suitable for return due to hygiene reasons, the item(s) can only be returned if that hygiene seal remains unbroken.
3. We will reimburse you not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
The Sale Of Goods And Supply Of Services Act (1980) as well as other pieces of Irish and EU legislation that protect consumers.
The consumer has a number of rights under this legislation including:
• In the case of a sales contract, the existence of a legal obligation on the trader to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract.
• Goods must be of merchantable quality – goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price.
• Goods must be fit for their purpose – they must do what they are reasonably expected to do.
• Goods must be as described - the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods or services given orally by a salesperson or an advertisement.
• When you buy goods in a sale you have the same rights as when you pay full price for the goods.
• These rights are in addition to any extended warranty or accidental damage cover that you have taken out. For more information on your rights as a consumer, see www.consumerhelp.ie for details.